I finally “cashed” in some membership points I earned from American Express and got 25 songs from iTunes.
Sometimes I’m in the mood to purchase singles, but of course, this time I had an itch to buy whole albums. When I tried to purchase a full album, iTunes gave me a prompt that said I didn’t have enough credits and that my credit card would be charged. Weird, because I had 17 song credits and Ray LaMontagne’s “Trouble” only had 10 songs. I did buy the whole album, but I bought it per song.
There were some albums I really wanted with 15 songs at $9.99, but it didn’t make sense for me to buy it with my `per song’ credit. Honestly, I think the song credit system is a little wonky. I guess that new “Complete my Album” feature can bail me out. Plus, at startup iTunes stated that I could only buy songs sold for $0.99. My credits do not expire till Oct, but I’m guessing the new $1.29 EMI songs are off limits. Lame.
Here’s what I’ve purchased so far. Mostly oldies, but some crazy pop songs too:
- All the Wild Horses – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Jolene – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- How Come – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Hannah – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Forever My Friend – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Burn – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Narrow Escape – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Hold You In My Arms – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Shelter – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Trouble – Ray LaMontagne Trouble
- Cheryl Tweedy – Lily Allen Smile – EP
- Absolutley Nothing – Lily Allen Smile – EP
- Hot Child in the City – Nick Gilder And Time Machine Longtime Coming
- Suddenly I See – KT Tunstall Eye to the Telescope
- Cupid – Sam Cooke Greatest Hits
- It’s Too Late – Carole King Tapestry
- Jump – Van Halen 1984 (Remastered)
- Stickwitu – The Pussycat Dolls PCD
I have 7 more credits. What songs should I buy?